Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Baby Shower

In high school, I had a core group of about a dozen friends.  For whatever reason, we called ourselves 'the crew.'  A couple of these crew members got married and recently, two of them (or their wives actually) became pregnant!  How special is it that two great friends are starting their own families at the same time?!  I decided a celebration was in order!  As you can see from this blog, party planning is a thing that my family really enjoys to do.  Usually it's a team effort but since this one was for my group of friends, it was mostly a solo gig.  I was so excited that I couldn't make myself wait on the prep work...  I immediately became inspired and went to Hobby Lobby (love that store!) and picked up some crafty things to start my invitations. 



 I went to my parents house for a weekend at the beginning of the planning period and was again inspired!  I love putting my own spin on gifts so I came up with the idea to take plain white onesies and personalize them for the second generation of crew members!  My mom taught me two stitches and I did my first embroidery project ever! 

The two pregos with their personalized onesies!


My table spread


Cadbury eggs!  Easter is the PERFECT time to throw a pastel baby shower







Pulled pork bites with queso fresco and cilantro


I tried to think of something cute to do with the extra three onesies in my pack of five.  Inspiration struck yet again!  I put them up and added doilies for my mantle decoration. 


Two parts white grape juice, one part ginger ale.  Delightful!




 The entry way to the family room as you walk in the front door
 

Both sets of soon-to-be parents were so kind and gave me delicious gifts for hosting :)  It was a wonderful pastel-colored day!







1 comment:

  1. Wow Hilary, that is so cool! I am seriously very impressed at your party throwing abilities. Sorry again for not calling! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete